In this empowering and insightful presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, teaches you the basics of creating and using Excel pivot tables. He will then take you beyond pivot table basics and shows you step-by-step how to manipulate pivot table data faster and more efficiently. After participating in this live webcast, you’ll know how to create self-updating titles for charts and pivot charts, expand and collapse pivot table elements, drill down into numbers with a simple double-click, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Identify how to expand and collapse groups of data within a pivot table.
- Identify the best approach for formatting numbers within pivot tables.
- Define the default location for pivot table data when you click a checkbox for a given field.
- Recall how to clean up your pivot tables with a mouse click.
- Recognize when and why to apply the Slicer feature.
- Identify pivot table data in new ways by grouping based on dates or custom arrangements that you define.
Who Should Attend:
All Practitioners who would benefit from learning how to use Excel pivot tables to easily create accurate reports and how to manipulate their pivot table data faster and more efficiently.