Let’s be honest …you probably have people in your life … that, if they would just go away! … your life would be easier.
Having to deal with toxic and even the merely difficult, is overwhelming and frustrating.
It can be Frustrating and time consuming trying to figure out how to get them out of this moribund state.
The non-sensical conversations, ad hominem attacks, misrepresentations, deception, lack of taking responsibility for their actions, defensiveness, back-stabbing, condescension, and sarcasm is exhausting.
You’d like to just get the job done, without feeling like you’re going into battle. You avoid them as much as possible, find reasons for not working with them, maybe even miss meetings they will be attending, anything to not have to interact with them – but there’s no way around it, sometimes you just have to work with them.
Toxic and Difficult people can show up anywhere in our work and personal lives – they can be customers, vendors, staff, colleagues or managers. Toxic people have specific behaviors which require specific strategies for dealing them – they are much different from the strategies and tactics for dealing with people who are merely difficult.
Your life will be much less stressful and more productive when you learn to distinguish between those who are toxic and those who are difficult AND learn strategies, tactics, tools and techniques for dealing with each.
Toxic and difficult people can also be very destructive to relationships – one of the first rules is to learn how to protect yourself.
In this engaging and practical webinar, you will learn key strategies, tactics and skills to protect your emotional and psychological wellbeing, without acquiescing, getting walked on, controlled or dominated, while also getting the job done, efficiently and effectively.
- The difference between Toxic and Difficult people
- The drivers of toxic behavior – why they do what they do
- Advanced conflict strategies for making even the most seemingly intractable situation productive
- Specific tactics, tips and tools for responding to toxic communications
- How to stay centered and present when faced with toxicity
- A very targeted set of skills to use with difficult people
- How to create a practical, effective outcome focused plan?
- Why some of the words and phrases you have been using have not been working … and what words and phrases to use instead
- How to get work done, have effective communications and not let them control your life
- The #1 most important key to relieving your own frustration
- Where specifically to focus your energy to create a positive change in the relationship
- What to watch for in body language and the counter-intuitive response that will completely shift the situation
- Diagnosing their preferred style of communication and how to adapt yours to change the way they connect with you
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is for you if:
- You’re frustrated and exhausted by some of the people you have to deal with regularly
- You spend way too much time thinking about how to deal with one or more people in your world
- You have a team or organizational leadership role
- You interact with people
- You want specific practical tips, tools, techniques, tactics and strategies to have less stress and more control of interactions