This webinar will provide people involved in all aspects of the hiring process with a comprehensive overview of key facts about protected characteristics to screen applicants, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions in a manner that is compliant with all U.S. equal employment opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations.
Attendees will deepen their knowledge of off-limits topics for the hiring process beyond what is found on the often-used lists of illegal interview questions commonly used when “training” people on how to hire. These lists may in some cases be a good starting point, but they don’t fully equipment people who make hiring decisions with everything they need to know to avoid introducing the potential for discrimination into the hiring process.
- Why a list of ‘illegal interview questions’ to avoid is not sufficient
- What the protected characteristics are and why they are off-limits during the hiring process
- Common hiring process mistakes (to avoid) related to protected characteristics
- Examples of less-than-obvious off-limits topics based on real-world situations
- Best practices to avoid EEO-related risks and liability related to the hiring process
- HR Professionals
- Employee relations professionals
- Risk management professionals
- Compliance professionals