In recent years the increased use of electronic means to obtain customer signatures, to conduct verifications of customer information, and to conduct overall customer due diligence has posed problems for financial institutions to fully comply with KYC, CDD/EDD requirements.
This webinar will discuss methods of using electronic means for these activities and will discuss up-to-date guidance provided by FinCEN and financial regulators in the use of electronic platforms for these processes. As electronic technology increases in the financial sector, staff and employees of financial institutions must be aware of the methods of electronic information gathering, and the risks associated with this type of information gathering.
Why You Should Attend:
Financial institutions need to be aware of the latest trends in emerging technology related to electronic information gathering. This presentation will allow attendees to obtain background information of how this new technology affects KYC and CDD/EDD information gathering and verification, it will explain to attendees how this new technology is constantly changing, and the presentation will provide attendees with the latest guidance and information from financial regulators and FinCEN.
- FinCEN regulations and guidelines related to electronic information gathering
- FFIEC and other regulatory requirements and guidance
- Items to include in your electronic information gathering policies, procedures, and practices
- Current industry standards and business norms related to electronic information gathering
- Recent enforcement actions related to weak programs and practices
- Proposed future issues related to electronic information gathering
- Front line BSA/AML staff
- Account opening/customer service staff
- BSA/AML Officers
- Compliance Officers
- BSA/AML Audit staff
- Suspicious Activity information review staff, investigators, and SAR decision makers
- Risk Managers