The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently expressed deep concerns over the growing epidemic of opioid dependence, overuse and abuse on families and communities.
Opioids as prescription drugs are used to reduce chronic pain. Opioids offer both great benefits and also serious risks, potentially causing serious harm (addiction, overdose and even death) when misused or abused.
This seminar is intended to help industry and professionals to better understand FDA roles and regulation governing controlled substances (opioids) used for pain management. This seminar is also intended to help industry get better familiar with FDA’s recent activity and regulatory expectations for drugs (opioids) including generic opioids and recent approvals for pain management.
In this 60-min presentation, the speaker will guide you through the details of FDA roles, regulations, generic opioids and recent FDA approvals for chronic pain management.
- FDA Laws and Regulations
- Learn About Controlled Substances
- Regulation of Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Medications
- Opioid Misuse & Abuse
- Prevention of Opioid Abuse and Appropriate Pain Management
- New Labeling Requirements
- FDA Approved Generic Opioids
- Recent FDA Approvals for Pain Management Drugs
- Best Practices
- Regulatory Affairs Departments
- Research and Development Departments
- Clinical Affairs Departments
- Quality Departments
- Marketing Departments
- Senior Management
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Medical Doctors and Healthcare Professionals
- Everyone interested in the topic