Would you know what to do if your organization just hired a new associate with an H1B visa?
As more organizations expand their recruiting worldwide to find the best talent, it is critical for payroll professionals to understand immigration visas – and how they affect how you pay employees.
Failure to comply with regulations can result in the employer being disqualified from hiring any additional occupation workers on visas, as well as other fines and penalties. Don’t put your company at risk; join us for this interactive program and make sure your payroll procedures are compliant!
- How to obtain a visa for a potential employee
- How to handle employees already on visas when being hired
- The proper documentation that should be obtained
- Employment authorization requirements
- Special payroll and tax rules for workers with visas
- The different types of student visas – and how to properly tax
- Taxation rules with regards to the “Substantial Presence” test
- Tax Treaties and Totalization Agreements – and why they are important for taxation
- Why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status
- Payroll Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Small Business Owners