Social media has had an enormous impact on recruiting best practices, largely due to the fact that social media sites have drastically changed the way people seek information. When you are recruiting, you are marketing – and successful marketing requires getting your messages in front of prospective customers – in this case applicants and referral sources – where they are. In the modern world, more often than not, a social media site is the best place to find the very people you’re trying to reach with recruitment-focused messages!
Employers can no longer simply place a help wanted ad in a traditional media outlet and expect to get all the qualified applicants they need. Times – and media consumption habits – have changed. In 2016, virtually all successful talent acquisition strategies must incorporate social media. The competition for qualified candidates is fierce, and leveraging social media for recruitment is an important key to success!
Stated simply, it’s just a basics fact that if you want to get great candidates to want to work for your organization, then social media needs to integrated into your recruitment strategies.
This session focuses on clarifying the importance of social media, providing insight into how to effectively begin the process of incorporating social media into your recruitment strategies, and a number of specific tips and suggestions (in how-to format) on how you can begin utilizing Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to help meet your hiring needs, as well as suggestions on coordinating your social recruiting messages with your other recruiting efforts.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- How social media impacts recruiting
- Key benefits of social recruiting
- How to incorporate social recruiting into your staffing plan
- Establishing internal responsibilities for social recruiting
- Best practices for social media recruitment-focused content
- Selecting the right social media sources
- LinkedIn social recruiting tips and techniques
- Facebook social recruiting tips and techniques
- Twitter social recruiting tips and techniques
- Responsiveness considerations for social recruiting
Who Will Benefit:
- HR professionals
- Talent acquisition professionals
- Business owners
- Managers who are involved with recruiting
- Social media managers and specialists
- Marketing/PR/Advertising professionals involved in employee recruiting
- Website managers involved in employee recruiting
- Business owners