Has your company had an audit and you felt fairly confident that all your processes for payroll are compliant to only be surprised by the results of the audit. As payroll professionals we have several laws that we need to be compliant with and it can be cumbersome just to keep track of them. Far to many times we find out about compliance issues to late and it can cost your company money.
This webinar will review areas within payroll that are usual audit points from both the internal revenue service and the departments of labor from the federal and state levels. Detailed discussion on how to stay compliant in each area and what penalties non-compliance can have. You may even discover areas of potential non-compliance that you have not thought of.
- Worker Misclassification Errors
- Properly Calculating overtime
- Overpayment Corrections in regards to FLSA and taxation
- Timing of Payment Concerns
- Termination Errors
- Proper state taxation
- Taxing Fringe Benefits
- Obtaining proper substantiation and the impact
- Proper Processing of received garnishments
- SUI tax practices unethical and errors
- Payroll Tax Professionals
- Payroll Department
- Accounting Department
- HR Department